BCS Tractor - 779PS Honda Hydrostatic Electric
Original price $9,074.00 - Original price $9,074.00
$9,074.00 - $9,074.00
Current price $9,074.00
BCS Tractor 779PS Honda Hydrostatic Electric
- Model 779 is the only BCS two-wheel tractor model featuring the hydro-mechanical clutch, reversible handlebars for both front- and rear-mount attachments, AND hydrostatic wheel drive.
- Mechanically, the comfortable “EasyGrip” hydro lever on the handlebar enables the operator to select and change both the ground speed and direction of travel without altering the performance of the attachment and without the need to shift gears or change the throttle setting.
- Operationally, hydrostatic drive is a real game-changer. Not only is the single lever control ultimately user-friendly (and fun), it also expands the functionality and productivity of the BCS attachments.
- Example 1: When mowing the “outback” with the rotary brush mower, the engine is always at full throttle to assure maximum blade tip speed. As you move from tall weeds to woody brush, use the hydro lever to reduce your ground speed; thereby increasing the number of “cuts” per forward foot of travel. This overcomes the greater resistance of the brush, followed by the ability to instantly return to your higher weed-mowing speed.
- Example 2: When trimming under fences, bushes, or low-lying limbs, the needed back-and-forth movement of the mower is as simple as moving the hydro lever forward and backward.
- Example 3: When mowing down a steep pond bank, the dynamic neutral of the hydrostatic enables the operator to stop and reverse direction, regardless of position, without fear of the mower freewheeling out of control.
- Other features of the 779 include differential drive and on-demand differential lock for posi-traction. Maneuverability is further enhanced by individual wheel brakes which are particularly useful when operating heavier attachments like the 35" Flail Mower. The 779 is powered by the dependable Honda GX390 engine, available in recoil or electric start. And that power is transferred to the transmission via the PowerSafe clutch. This patented, hydro-mechanical clutch is a super-durable multi-plate clutch, cooled by circulating oil, and designed to withstand the rigors of operating high torque implements, such as the Flail Mower and Chipper/Shredder, during long hours of operation. Previously released as Model 770, the 779 features longer handlebars designed for the North American market.